At SAVVY Homes, we believe in the importance of excellent communication between you, your on-site Builder Representative and the SAVVY Homes production staff. Our unique Great Expectation Management System (GEMS™) will guide you through the major aspects of the home building process.
Key Home Building Milestones
Shortly after the acceptance of the purchase agreement, we'll invite you to a construction meeting at the community sales office. You, your agent (if applicable), the New Home Specialist and your SAVVY Builder Representative should attend this meeting.
The construction meeting is a time to review pertinent GEMS™ policies, review the purchase agreement and all change orders or addendums, and to discuss the site characteristics and home build documents, such as plot plans and construction plans.
Major Construction Milestones
- The foundation construction timeline varies depending on foundation type (Monoslab®, crawl space, stem wall or basement), site conditions and weather. Several inspections take place before the foundation can be installed.
- After the foundation is complete, the new home quickly starts taking shape as the framing progresses. Jobsite safety is very important at this stage and site visits are discouraged until framing is complete.
Rough Plumbing, Mechanical & Electrical Installations
- At this stage the rough plumbing, heating, electrical, telephone, cable and any pre-wiring is installed. The rough installations and framing need to pass important inspections before the construction moves forward.
- After successful inspections, the home will be insulated and then inspected again. Drywall installation begins soon after.
- The home is now in the final interior and exterior construction phase. Fixtures, flooring, cabinetry, painting, trim, landscaping and all other finish elements are completed in preparation for the Homeowner Orientation.
All SAVVY Homes are subject to the inspection policies of local jurisdictions. After the start of construction, delays may be experienced due to the requirement of local government inspections at different stages in construction. We'll work to expedite this process whenever possible.
SAVVY Homes is ready to assist you throughout the entire new home process, whether you're building in Raleigh, Fayetteville, Pinehurst, or Sanford. To learn more, contact our New Home Specialists today!